Your baby’s first tooth is a big deal in their development, and one that will likely see you sharing photographs with family, friends, and anyone else who may happen by! Unfortunately, the arrival doesn’t always go as smoothly as you would like – it can be a testing time for both you and your baby, as there will inevitably be some discomfort involved, leading to even more sleepless nights and grizzled behavior.
Be a Good Teacher for Your Baby
Babies will learn by exploring things around them. You’ll need to show your baby how to listen to, look at, touch or smell something new or different. Hold your baby so they can see things. Help the baby hold objects like it’s socks or a rattle. As the baby grows, give it safe objects to feel, shake or put in their mouth.
· Be your baby’s teacher. It will see how you react to things. When you get excited about a toy or object, it’ll get excited too. As it grows, show it how things work—for example, how doors open and close. Talk about what you are doing. Here is an example, “I’m putting food into the pot to cook it.”
· When a baby is learning something new, it helps to show it again and again. With your support and help, this can be fun, and your baby will like trying new things.
· Protect your baby from disapproval, teasing or punishment. A baby doesn’t understand right from wrong. They don’t know what things are dangerous for them to do. Watch to keep it safe. Remove it from situations where it can be hurt or injured.
· Talk and sing to your baby. Even before it is able to speak, this helps them develop language skills. Babies learn best when you talk to them.
· Read to your baby from the early months of their life and continue this habit as it grows.
It is a huge responsibility to plan for a baby’s nursery. Furniture must be chosen; walls painted and most important is the criterion of safety measures. But the most fascinating part of the entire planning is to select the theme of the nursery. Focusing on the theme of the nursery would be the first step towards the renovation process because it would set the basis on which you would decorate the entire nursery of the baby. Check out who we’ed recommend helping with your baby’s nursery handymannanaimo.com